Menu

Istanbul : the shooter still on the run

The Turkish authorities hunted on Sunday with the attacker, which has spread chaos and death in one of the night clubs, the most exclusive of Istanbul, killing 39 people, including at least 15 foreigners, who were celebrating the new year. The attack mark in a bloody way the entrance into the new year for the Turkey, after a year of 2016 which has seen the country shaken by a coup attempt and a wave of deadly attacks attributed to the jihadist group islamic State (EI) and the kurd rebellion.

The assailant opened fire on the hundreds of people who celebrated the new year in the trendy nightclub Reina, at the edge of the Bosphorus, adding to the panic. Some have plunged into the icy waters to escape from the bullets deadly. The Turkish Prime minister Binali Yildirim has described as” unfounded “the press information according to which the attacker was disguised as Father Christmas, adding that the attacker had left his weapon on the scene and” took advantage of the anarchy to escape “.

Current research

“The search for the terrorist is still ongoing. I hope that he will be soon caught “, had reported earlier, the Turkish minister of the Interior Süleyman Soylu. According to the latest provisional toll authorities, 39 people have been killed, including at least 15 foreigners, and 65 were injured in this attack which had not been claimed Sunday in the early evening.

The French ministry of foreign Affairs stated that a Franco-Tunisian was among the people killed. In addition, four frenchmen were wounded, according to the secretary of State in charge of Assistance to victims, Juliette Méadel. The Belgium has announced that one of the victims was belgian-Turkish. The Jordan and Tunisia , respectively, have been reported in three and two of their nationals killed. Saudis are also among the victims, said Ryad, without advancing figures. Israel has indicated that one of its nationals, a young Israeli, had been killed in the shooting, and that one of his friends had been injured.

“People stalled to other people “

Passers-by laid flowers, others candles, under the gaze of a dozen police officers armed with sub-machine guns, in the early evening on Sunday, according to a journalist of the Agence France-Presse. A blue tarp has been extended in front of the facade of the night club, in front of which was a puddle of blood. After having shot a police officer and a civilian who were in front of the entrance, the assailant opened fire on the crowd at 1: 15 a.m. Sunday in the nightclub where 700 to 800 people celebrated the transition to the year 2017.

“We came over to have a good time today, but everything is suddenly transformed into chaos and in night of horror “, has told the Agence France-Presse Maximilian, an Italian tourist who was in the queue at the entrance when the assailant is launched in his murderous act. “When I went on, people stalled to other people,” says Sefa Boydas, a professional football player who was in the nightclub, describing the panic which gripped the crowd.

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has claimed that the attack aimed to ” destroy the morale of the country and to sow chaos.” The authorities had announced to have deployed 17,000 police in Istanbul in order to supervise the festivities of the new year. A few videos posted on social networks shows a man bursting in front of the entrance of the nightclub, pulling, sowing panic among the people gathered. The authorities have prohibited the dissemination of images related to the attack, as they typically do after the attacks.

Many foreign victims

Foreign nationals, including arabs and israelis, are among the 39 people killed in the attack by an armed man in a nightclub in Istanbul during the celebration of the new year. Three Jordanians were killed, and four wounded, according to the ministry of foreign Affairs of jordan, quoted by the official agency Petra. Two Tunisians were killed. He is a business man and his wife, according to the tunisian media. The French ministry of foreign Affairs has announced his side the death of a woman with dual nationality French and tunisian, without specifying if it was the same person.

Three Lebanese were killed and four were wounded, said the lebanese ministry of foreign Affairs. A Kuwaiti man was killed and five others wounded, according to the vice-kuwaiti minister of foreign Affairs, Khaled al-Jarallah, quoted by the official agency Kuna. Three Iraqis were killed, according to the ministry of foreign Affairs of iraq. Several Saudis have died in the attack, according to the saudi consulate in Istanbul, which does not specify the number. According to the daily, saudi-owned Asharq Al-Awsat, there would be five people dead and 11 injured from among the nationals of this country.

A Libyan was killed and three others injured in the attack, according to the libyan ministry of foreign Affairs. One Israeli woman was killed and another injured, according to the israeli ministry of foreign Affairs. Two Indians, a man and a woman have also died, according to a tweet from the minister of foreign Affairs, Sushma Swaraj. A man having dual nationality, belgian and Turkish has been killed, according to the belgian foreign minister, Didier Reynders. Four Moroccan women have also been injured, according to the embassy of Morocco in Ankara, quoted by the agency MAP.

“We don courberons not the spine “

The attack sparked a wave of outrage in the world. Washington, Moscow, Paris and Berlin, as well as pope Francis have in particular condemned. Turkey has been the target of many attacks, including the bloody Ankara and Istanbul, where there are barely three weeks ago, a bomb attack claimed by a group of radical kurdish have been 45 deaths, including a majority of the police officers.

A member of the coalition that is fighting against the EI in Syria and Iraq, Turkey has started in August an offensive in northern Syria to repel the jihadists to the south. In response to these military operations, EI has repeatedly called on its supporters to conduct attacks in Turkey. “We don courberons not bow to terrorism “, said Sunday Binali Yildirim.

No comments

Brought to you by:

Your AD Here ! Contact us at admin@appnews.be

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to AppNews and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Official Fan Page