Menu

Attack d'Istanbul : a suspect found innocent, the hunt continues

The investigation is progressing slowly in Turkey. While the man hunt continues to attempt to find the author of the bombing in Istanbul, two foreigners were arrested, Tuesday, 3 January, at the Atatürk international airport of Istanbul, reported the news agency Dogan. In the night of the new year, an attack was perpetrated against a nightclub’s posh Turkish metropolis. Two people, whose nationality was not specified, were arrested at the entrance of the terminal, international departures and taken to the headquarters of the security of Istanbul, where they were placed in police custody, said Dogan.

16 people arrested

These two arrests bring to 16 the number of people in custody in the framework of the investigation on the attack claimed by the group islamic State (EI) and for which the author has taken the leak. The Turkish authorities have launched a massive manhunt to find the assailant who opened fire at Reina, a famous nightclub in Istanbul, killing 39 people dead, including many foreigners. A Kyrgyz 28-year-old arrested and questioned upon his return to Turkey, regarded as a potential suspect in the bombing of Istanbul has finally been put out of the question, said, Tuesday, the media in kyrgyzstan.

Lakhe Machrapov had been quoted by Turkish media as a potential suspect in the bombing of a discotheque in Istanbul on the night of the new year. “The Committee of national security (GKNB) investigation on the possible involvement of a citizen of Kyrgyzstan in the attack of Istanbul. The GKNB has sent out a request in this sense to his fellow turks “, had declared to l’AFP Rakhat Soulaïmov, spokesman for the intelligence service of the kyrgyz people. “Employees of GKNB transferred to a regional office, where he was interrogated. “

Lakhe Machrapov was later released without any charge having been brought against him, said the media kyrgyz citing the GKND. Lakhe Machrapov himself has denied his involvement in the attack, explaining to the media the kyrgyz that he had arrived on the 1st of January in Istanbul ” on business “, before leaving on Tuesday, after having been briefly questioned by the Turkish police because of his resemblance with a suspect of the bombing.

The press service of the ministry of kyrgyzstan foreign Affairs, for its part, considered it “unlikely” the involvement of a citizen of the kyrgyz in the attack. “According to preliminary data, this information is not reliable, but the department verifies in spite of everything,” said the ministry of foreign Affairs, to AFP.

This attack is the latest in a long series that has hit Turkey since more than a year and a half and occurs in the Turkish army fighting the ARS in the north of Syria. According to several Turkish media, the authorities suspect the author to be a native of a country ofAsia, central and consider that it might be part of a cell that committed a triple suicide bomb attack to Atatürk airport which was 47 dead in June.

No comments

Brought to you by:

Your AD Here ! Contact us at admin@appnews.be

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to AppNews and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Official Fan Page