The HTC U11, the new flagship of the taiwanese manufacturer, will receive not only the Android O, but also Android P. The support of the next version (Android Q) is considered, but it will have to wait to see what will be the limitations to the guarantee.
The Android updates are always a sensitive subject. HTC knows this and has already decided to reassure its buyers in respect of the U11, its all-new flagship of the freshly announced.
During the event of presentation of U11, which was held this week in Taipei, Chailin Chang, the president of the division smartphones of the firm, has assured that the HTC U11 would receive ” at least the next two versions of Android “. The phone turning natively under Android Nougat, we can infer that the smartphone should be updated to Android O, and then to Android P.
As a reminder, during the Google I/O 2017 which was also held this week, Google has deployed a new Developer Preview version of Android O. The final version should be available in the course of the summer. On the Nexus and Pixel compatible.
Android Q ?
Chailin Chang has also told Trusted Reviews that the company is also planning to allow the HTC U11 to support the next version of Android (Android Q ?). However, nothing is sure yet for the moment, and he said, ” cela will depend on the hardware and software requirements for this version “.
This is even more obscure, since by then, Android may have mutated to become a more mature, capable of turning on a greater number of devices.
Read on FrAndroid : getting started with the HTC U11, the smartphone squeeze
Learn all about Android O
- Google wants to solve the problem of fragmentation easily add emoji on Android
- How to install the Developer Preview of Android O on a Nexus or a Pixel ? – Tutorial
- Android O : the images of the Developer Preview 2 are available
- Android O sign the death of the émoji “blob”, a change that divides
- How does the mode Picture-In-Picture on Android O Developer Preview 2 ?
- What’s new for Android TV on Android O ?
- Android O : what are the new features of the Developer Preview 2 ?
- Android O : the public beta is available
- Android O secures and facilitates the identification by SMS
- Google I/O 2017 : as expected, we got