Menu

The investigation of rape against Assange are closed

The Swedish public prosecutors announced on Friday that it was abandoning its prosecution for rape against the founder of WikiLeaks , Julian Assange, closing a legal saga that has dragged on since 2010.

“Prosecutor Marianne Ny has decided to discontinue the investigation for alleged rape against Julian Assange,” said the prosecutor in a press release. The prosecution has said that it would motivate this decision at a press conference scheduled in Stockholm at 12.00 (10.00 GMT).

This epilogue is a victory for the Australian of 45 years old, who had always denied the charges against him in August 2010 by a Swedish thirty years.
Mr. Assange is a refugee in the ecuadorian embassy in London since 2012, in the hope of escaping to a european arrest warrant launched by the Sweden.

He denounced a maneuver to have him in fine to the United States, where he could be prosecuted for the publication of military documents and diplomatic confidential.

In November, after several procedural complications, he had been heard in London by a prosecutor of ecuador, in the presence of magistrates and Swedish. And he had repeated that he was completely innocent, the sexual intercourse with the complainant because he agreed to.

The Swedish public prosecutors had until Friday to extend or not the demand of imprisonment from a court in Stockholm.
(afp/nxp)

Created: 19.05.2017, 11h26

No comments

Brought to you by:

Your AD Here ! Contact us at admin@appnews.be

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to AppNews and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Official Fan Page