The balance sheet continues to grow. The city police announced on Saturday that fifty-eight people are considered dead in the fire of the tower Grenfell of London, while a previous track record of the authorities reported 30 dead. “Fifty-eight people told us that they were in the tower Grenfell that night are missing and so I must sadly assume that they are dead,” said Stuart Cundy, a top official of the police of London, in a statement to the press.
“This number of 58 may change. I hope that this will not be the case, but it could increase, ” he added, specifying that on this new sheet, 30 deaths were confirmed. At least six Moroccans are among the victims of the fire of the tower Grenfell in London, he also announced Saturday the moroccan ministry of foreign Affairs. The result of this identification, king Mohammed VI gave ” instructions to the moroccan authorities to support the costs of repatriation of mortal remains and provide all the help and support necessary to the families of the victims “, says the text.
Nearly 600 people lived in this building
Earlier in the day, the foreign Affairs moroccan had announced the likely death of seven Moroccans in the fire, saying however wait for their formal identification with the help of the british authorities. The fire ravaged in the night from Tuesday to Wednesday, a building of social housing to the west of the british capital. Nearly 600 people lived in this building of 120 apartments and, according to the british media, 70 people would still call.